Romans 8:15-17 KJV
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.  The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him , that we may be also glorified together.
God is indeed many things to many people including the believer. But the believer has a special relationship with God. God is more than a creator to the believer; He is a father!
Sometimes you might be quick to forget (or you might not even understand) the meaning of the word ‘Father’ when it relates to God.
A father is one who begets or gives birth to another of his own kind. You became a believer because God accepted you into his family as a son or daughter. This was the genesis of your relationship with God as a father.
If God is your father, that bestows a lot of benefits to you. The question is ‘how much do you relate to God as your father?’
Below are some of the benefits you enjoy as a believer when you live and relate to God as your Father
1. Your spiritual relationship will enjoy intimacy and freshness. This does not mean it will be void of corrections but you will be corrected as a son and not a slave. Hebrews 12:3-11
2. You will not give in to worry and depression when hit with challenges. This is because you know your Father knows and will meet your needs. Matthew 6:32, Philippians 4:19
3. Your love for God will grow and permeate your being. This will find expression to those around you. You will spread the fragrance of God’s grace everywhere you go. I John 3:1, Romans 5:5
4. You will know God’s will and walk in it Ephesians 5: 15-18
5. You will have answers to your prayers 1 John 5:14-15
6. Your joy will be full John 16:23-24
One of the amazing things of God as your Father is that you are an heir of God. This means you will inherit God’s kingdom. Additionally, you will become like him. God begets God. This should excite you because only sons can become like their Father.
This is a life long journey. You can start enjoying the benefits now and also enjoy it much more in eternity. God’s loving arms are open to receive you and give you a warm embrace. You sure need that kind of hug regularly to thrive in this world.
Enjoy God on a new level as your Father.
Guest Contributor for EnGw