Talk of the most common symptoms seen by doctors all over the world and headaches always make it to the top. It needs no definition. A headache is simply a headache! Or is it “an headache”? All join!
Everyone gets it regularly; in different forms and intensities. I’m yet to see one person who hasn’t gotten a headache in the last one month. It’s that prevalent!
But headaches can be very distressing too.
Funnily enough, most headaches resolve with use of over-the-counter medications. But sometimes, one needs to see a doctor for some “crazy” kinds of headaches, especially when
- it occurs suddenly and is very severe, often described as a blinding pain unlike anything experienced before
- it doesn’t go away and gets worse over time
- it’s triggered suddenly by coughing, laughing, sneezing, changes in posture, or physical exertion
- you have symptoms suggesting a problem with your brain or nervous system, including weakness, slurred speech, confusion, memory loss and drowsiness
- you have additional symptoms, such as a high temperature (fever), a stiff neck, a rash, jaw pain while chewing, vision problems, a sore scalp, or severe pain and redness in one of your eyes.
For most people, all you need may be to identify “who” your headache is 😁! Just kidding though. But on a serious note, being around some “people” might be what keeps giving you headaches. Be on the lookout!
So there we have it. If you ever notice a “crazy” headache, don’t hesitate to get to the hospital immediately! Except of course the reason for the headache is that you’re owing someone money. Then just go ahead and pay. 😁
Till we see you again next Monday, be good!
Dr Osunlusi Olufemi